Hanazen @ Jaya One, PJ: One Of My Best Japanese Lunch:)

After a long hiatus from my food blogging due to my busy schedule, I was 'moved' to briefly blog about this Japanese restaurant that I tried recently. After all, good things are meant to be shared, right?

Some Japanese restaurants in KL/ Selangor are popular, some are nice...but those that are nice AND popular aren't many. Also, don't be deceived by those Japanese restaurants that open branches one after another because their taste varies (and they often taste much worse compared to their flagship/ main restaurant). Why? It's most probably due to poor quality control as they trying to rake in as much profit as they can with their 'namesake popular' Japanese restaurant.

Sushi to Unagi Zen (Sushi @ Roasted Unagi Set), RM65. How wonderful to be able to have my sushi and roasted eel in one set...save me the trouble ordering different sushi and overeating (if I ordered all the sushi separately, which always come in twos, hehe).
Anyway, let me show you some foods that I ordered at Hanazen @ Jaya One, Petaling Jaya, which will definitely make you drool.

As always, I ordered my usual, never-fail choices of sushi, roasted unagi (roasted eel) and salmon, a must every time I makan Japanese foods! Order any other foods and I'm bound to suffer disappointment one way or another.


Another different view. The assorted sushi were freshly made, good proportion and don't you love the varieties (and colors!). Can you see the generous portion of roasted unagi at the back. The unagi was nicely roasted, yet maintaining the unagi's soft texture and inherent sweetness inside and I must repeat, the portion was huge for a big eater like me. Kudos!:)


Sashimi! Only fresh salmon will do. Unfortunately, they ran out of salmon belly, which was the better variant of salmon (with its added 'buttery' taste). Anyway, the slices of these peachy-orange color fresh salmon here are almost twice the thickness of some famous Japanese restaurants, and taste as good and fresh as well. Another 'Like!'

Desserts: Waffles (sorry, forgotten the price already, brain freezed!)


Another view of the waffles. My only disappointment is the outer crust is cold and soft, probably due to the inner ice-cream crust. I was expecting some hot and cold combination but I think they haven't master this technique yet. Also, for a Japanese restaurant, I was hoping for some Japanese ice-cream flavors and not some plain, cheap, common vanilla ice-cream. Anyway, I'm satisfied with the dessert, who won't, right?:)

Some other points for improvement, if Hanazen's boss does read this entry of mine...pay your worker a little more so that their services can be more efficient and less sour-ish facies. They are, after all, your little ambassadors when they interact with us. Also, do keep adequate salmon belly in your restaurants, hehe:)


Hanazen @ Jaya One, Petaling Jaya.
 Hanazen @ Jaya One, Petaling Jaya
43-G, Block C, Jaya One, 72A, Jalan Universiti,
46200 Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
03-79548000
 Operating house: lunch 12pm - 3pm, dinner: 6pm - 11pm 

Tasty Or Not?
Hmm...I foresee that I'll be eating more Japanese foods in the near future after eating at Hanazen @ Jaya One, Petaling Jaya.

No comments:

Post a Comment