Jenni Homemade Cakes & Bakery @ Jalan Cantonment, Georgetown, Penang: Best Cheese Cake In Penang!

OMG!! How can I missed posting about this cake house! I used to buy a whole cake from them at least once every fortnight, sometimes more frequent...when I have extra cash to burn:)

Tiramisu (RM35)
This wonderful cake house was highly recommended by my dear friend, Fiona. I have to thank her because I'll never know about this place if not for her. This cake house's location and appearance took on an assuming and plain building, but once you enter it...you'll be making return visits very, very often, hehe.


Jenni Homemade Cakes & Bakery @ Jalan Cantonment, Georgetown, Penang.
With all the raves now about how good or great Secret Recipe's cheese cake, I still think Jenni Homemade Cakes & Bakery trumps Secret Recipes big time! At Jenni, their cheese cakes taste luscious, richly cheese and sexy but keeping the creamy distractions and others non essentials at bare minimum. Unknowing to all, except for a few discerning food critics, Secret Recipes have lost their magic...or 'secrets', when they start mass producing their cakes from factory. From then on, Secret Recipes cakes taste generic and boring.

My all time favorite cheese cakes above and chocolate cakes below. The cheese cakes are just mind-tongue blowing! Since it's so simple looking, I'll post more images, plus comments on another cake found here also, which is the tiramisu. For more information about the cheese cake...you just have to taste it yourself!:)
Many varieties of cakes for all occasions.
I did mention earlier that I used to purchase a whole cake earlier, right? Their mouth-watering cheese cake comes in 1/2 kg size, great!! It's small enough to be shared with a group of close buddies. Price-wise, hmm...I didn't say it's cheap (see below):) Which is my favorite? ALL the cheese cakes variants! So, so rich and dense and homey:)

Cakes and price list. It's not cheap, but it's worth it.
Another view of the tiramisu cake:)
One honest comment ('Tasty or Not?' is ALWAYS honest!) about this tiramisu cake, too creamy! Its just like adding unnecessary weight to inflate the weight and hence, the price too. The rich aromas from the tiramisu cake has been much 'diluted' by the stupid decision to puff up the cake with artificial 'cream' sweetness.
Side view of the tiramisu cake. I don't recommend this until at least the creams are much reduced, utter disappointment!

Jenni Homemade Cakes & Bakery
(Pulau Tikus Branch)
33-A Jalan Cantonment,
10350 Georgetown, Penang
04-226 8596

Tasty Or Not?
Amazing cheese cakes. One slice is not enough...perhaps one 1/2kg cake is:)

4 comments:

  1. doesn't look like an authentic tiramisu to me either. and i hate their carrot cake and from then onwards didn't dare to try any of their cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have change management now. Cakes are not as nice as it used to be. Price increased. I bought so many bday cakes from them for my kids frm 1year old and they will do a nice decoration for me. I just need to pay or buy my own toy to put on the cake. Recently i wanted to do the same but now after change of management, they want to charge 1.5kg RM105 and add RM15 for deco. It really pissed me off. If i buy a cake off their rack, it comes wz decoration. It doesnt make sense. So now i stop buying frm Jenni.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate fudge cake really nice.

    ReplyDelete