Teochew Stewed Duck @ Restaurant Kam Heong, PJ: Everything Stewed, Everything Healthy, Everything Nice...Recommended!

I went to Restaurant Kam Heong with J for our dinner the other day. J recommended this place, famous for their duck meat. I was a little hesitated in the beginning to eat duck meat so soon again after my recent duck rice at Seapark, PJ (Read: Best Duck Rice In KL And PJ Is In S.E.A Park, PJ? Err...Nope! Good But Not Great).

Dinner @ Restaurant Kam Heong, PJ...for just below RM20:)
However, J reassured me that the food preparations here is different from other places. Instead of frying the foods and end up having oily and 'heaty' foods, all the foods here are stewed.

Duck meats are prepared here, non-stop since opening. There was a huge hungry crowds outside waiting, including me:)
Besides being the healthier version of cooking, stewing also allow the taste to be captured together with the sauces that they are cooked with. The foods are also softer and lighter to the palate compared to fried stuffs.

Seen here were all the stewed dishes. Too bad two of us couldn't eat a lot or else I'll try each and everyone of the stewed dishes. I'll be back for more...hehe:)

Stewed duck meat (RM11), taste good with no inherent duck 'taste' and not as tough as duck meat would have been if not stewed beforehand. The duck meat was tasty after absorbing the duck sauces and still got enough sauces to put it onto my rice. We also got the more 'meaty' part of the duck (I think a quarter of duck).

Stewed salty vegetables (RM3.50), plus lard! Unfortunately, the lard had long soften but managed to impart their taste onto the salty vegetables, very appetizing. My appetite increased after just one taste of it!:)

Stewed mushrooms (RM5), not a lot but just the right amount for two people. It was considered a 'luxury' foods back in the olden days and not the usual food you order or eat outside. Stewed thoroughly but not too soft and maintaining their texture together with their tasty light sauce.


Another close up photo of the stewed duck before I end this posting. Now plan when you're going there to eat:)

I managed to ask one of the worker to pose for me, for the back of the T-shirt.
Kam Heong Restaurant
8 Jalan Tengah, Off Jalan Yong Shook Lin,
Petaling Jaya New Town, Selangor
Business Hours : 6 - 10pm


Tasty Or Not?
Rating: 8.5/10. One of the very few nice foods in PJ New Town. Don't be intimidated by the crowds and don't worry about the waiting time. The service here are super fast because most of the dishes had already been prepared beforehand. One you eat here, you'll agree with me when I say that 'duck is the new chicken', but only applicable to this restaurant:)

No comments:

Post a Comment