Notable Mention: Bidor's Soon Kee Chee Cheong Fun...Warming Up My Tummy Just Right!:)

I drove back to Ipoh early this morning (from Petaling Jaya). I started my journey at 7am. As usual, whenever I drive back to Ipoh, I'll stop by many places along the way to eat/ try out their local foods. Today was no different.

Soon Kee's 'chee cheong fun'/ rice noodles @ Bidor.
My plan for today's breakfast...to eat 'lor mai kai'/ glutinous chicken rice at Sungkai, 'chee cheong fun'/ rice noodle at Bidor, 'char koay teow'/ fried kueh teow at Kampar and dry curry mee at Ipoh. Some of these foods were famous while others were...'undiscovered' yet, hehe. Hence, I think I ought to give those foods some exposure here.


Oops, I was outed by the bos, hehe. She must had noticed me taking a lot of photos. Also, I was planning earlier to take photos closer to her cooking area but after seeing this 'mean' look, I decided not to, hehe.

My first stop was at Sungkai. Unfortunately, I found out that the 'lor mai kai'/ glutinous chicken rice will only be available from 11am onwards. Besides 'lor mai kai', the restaurant is also famous for their original, own-made fish balls. I didn't try because it was not part of the plan for today's breakfast...maybe next time I'll blog about these famous foods from Sungkai.

My 'chee cheong fun'/ rice noodle (RM2.80) and iced 'cham' (RM1.40). The iced 'cham' was superbly rich and intense in taste! Must try!!

So, I continue driving to Bidor for my 'chee cheong fun'. I went to a food court near/ opposite Bidor's market, which is the usual spot for Bidor-ians to have their breakfast...while the tourists will usually flock to Pun Chun instead (Read: Pun Chun Duck Drumstick Noodle @ Bidor, Perak: More Than Just Duck Drumstick).

Chee cheong fun/ rice noodle, freshly made upon order with mixed ingredients (char siew and prawns). The rice noodles were warm, thin and skillfully wrapped to hold all the ingredients inside. The rice noodles with prawns inside tasted better than the char siew, which tasted disappointingly bland. However, both taste were further accentuated with homemade chili paste, which gave it an extra edge.

There was a big crowd at the food court but the service was prompt. I had my food in front of me in less than 10 minutes, yay!

A closer view inside the chee cheong fun/ rice noodle with char siew. Err, besides the bland taste, the amount of char siew were also lacking. Aii..
Soon Kee Chee Cheong Fun 
(Opposite Bidor Market)

Tasty Or Not?
Rating: 4/10. Taste-wise, it wasn't so great but the light-ness of the chee cheong fun/ rice noodles soothed the empty stomach in the morning and together with the excellent iced 'cham', really a nice meal to start the day with.

No comments:

Post a Comment