BREAKFAST: McDonald vs. KFC...And The BEST Breakfast Goes To...(Part 1/2)

During my dad's generation, having breakfast means going to the coffee shop and ordering a cup of Nescafe kurang manis, two sets of roti kahwin and two half boiled eggs. Then comes McDonald and followed by KFC offering breakfast sets.

KFC vs McDonald
Both were giving the coffee shops a run for their money and honestly, I think it works. If I were to order the above at a coffee shop, it'll cost me about RM4, without the wholesome burger and unlimited coffee/tea top up. Furthermore, at McD and KFC, the environment is much more comfortable and the availability of Wi-Fi also allowed me to spend my whole lazy morning in McD/ KFC without any pressure to leave once I finish my breakfast, unlike in coffee shops when the boss will give me an 'uninviting look' if I overstay after finishing my breakfast, hehe.

Now come the tough part. Which breakfast is the best? McDonald or KFC? Let us see the breakfast sets available at both McDonald and KFC first (see below).

McDonald breakfast sets
KFC breakfast sets
Next, how to compare? If I were to compare McDonald top range breakfast (Big Breakfast) with KFC top range breakfast (2 Piece Special), then I'll be difficult because McD's breakfast serves burger and hash brown while KFC's breakfast serves their 'jiu pai' (specialty) chicken. More ever, not everyone who eat breakfast at McD and KFC will order top range breakfast also.

So, for a good comparison, my methodology is to compare breakfast sets that we commonly will order and those at mid-range price. Which breakfast sets will I be comparing? McD's Weekday Breakfast Special (Sausage McMuffin With Egg, RM4.50) with KFC's a.m Riser, RM4.80.

McDonald candidate: Sausage McMuffin With Egg, RM4.50
 VS

KFC candidate: a.m Riser, RM4.80
Which breakfast set is the best, McDonald or KFC? Why?

I'll explain more in Part 2 of BREAKFAST: McDonald vs. KFC...And The BEST Breakfast Goes To...

No comments:

Post a Comment